August 18, 2012

CMC Challenge - Bring Out the Black



Morning peeps.  Hope your Saturday morning is off to a great one.  It's time for another Color Me Creative Challenge.  I am a huge fan of adding a little bit of black to decorating to make the room feel a little bit more "grounded".  It just seems to add a sense of placement amongst your room.  However, I don't seem to use it enough of my cards so this challenge was a great one for me.  We want to see you have at least 40% of your card or project with accents of black on it.  Here I colored my retro girl from Milk Coffee with black hair and pants.  I'm always intimidated with coloring something black but working with Suzanne's classes at CMC I have been able to break through all that silly intimidation mess and get on to my Copic coloring.  LOL  I have to say I sure do like this hip chick!  Them I added a black base for my card and then the flowers and ribbon.  See how the black just adds a little bit of something, something to the card?  If I would of used white it would of came off a little too soft.

Now why don't you give it a try?   Let's see how you incorporate some black into your next project.  Remember you have a whole two weeks to practice and get your card loaded.  Make sure you have your project linked up over on the CMC blog by FRIDAY, August 31st. 

Hugs and love~

1 comment:

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...