March 8, 2014

Tag You're It

Hey peeps.  Oh it was a gorgeous day here in Georgia.  The sun was out, the birds were chirping.  I love the feeling of spring.  I'm here with a card for the Simon Says Stamp challenge.  This challenge you had to incorporate a tag somewhere on  your card.  Well, mine is smack dead in the middle.  LOL 

But first let me tell you how I got that cool background. I'm hooked on stencils right now.  I used my Tim Holtz Stripes stencil with some Viva embossing creme in white.  After I heat set it a little bit I then rubbed on some Memento Luxe Ink in Pear Tart and some Distressed ink in Shabby Shutters.  I have to say, this is love for me.  I left some areas lighter to show a little bit of the white embossing creme.

Then I dug through my embellishment drawer and found some white tags I had in there for ages.  I used the gorgeous stamp set from My Favorite Things called Vertical Greetings.  It was heat embossed with black embossing powder.  To pick up some of the green on my tag, I used a dauber in the Memento Luxe Pear Tart ink just around the edges. I used my Perfect Layers mini tool to layer all of my cardstock. 

I hope you enjoyed stopping by today.  Don't forget to turn back your clocks one hour tonight.  Oh, I hate to think about losing an hour worth of sleep.  But the longer days are worth it.

Hugs and love~



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...