October 21, 2014

Creative Blog Hop


Hey peeps!!  I hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend.  I was busy making cards and spending money.  Oh the life of a crafter.  This hobby is fabulous isn't it?

I was picked by the fabulous Tenia Nelson to participate in the Creative Blog Hop.  What an honor Tenia.  You are such a sweetheart. WERD!!! ;-)  Check out what Tenia said on her blog when she was selected.  The blog hop runs every Monday and I'm LATE!  Ugh...I totally spaced out on posting.  Shame Dana Shame.  LOL This blog hop was created so all of us can get to know each other better.  And what's better than finding a new friend in this crafting community?  SOOO..let's get started.

1.  What am I working on right now?
I guess the answer should be what am I not working on.  LOL  I'm making cards for magazine submissions, working on design team assignments and trying to plan my husbands retirement.  Whew, I'm a little bit busy for sure. 

2.  How does my work differ from others in my genre?
Well, I'm a mixture of everything.  I LOVE anything that sparkles but I also love a clean and simple card.  I like to stretch my limits and I will try just about anything.  But I won't just make a card just to say I made one.  I need to really enjoy the process.  I don't like to rush as I feel that I'm limiting the creative process.  Not to say I haven't made some WOW cards at crunch time.  LOL

3.  Why do I create what I do?
Cardmaking is a passion for me.  I have been doing it for over 14 years and I never get bored.  I love seeing all the new things coming to the crafting market.  It gets my creative juices flowing and my wallet running to Paypal.  It's taken me through good times and bad.  It's just part of me.

4.  How does my creative process work?
Majority of the time I look through my stamps and decide from there where my card will lead me.  If I'm using my Copic markers I start with the image and match paper to it prior to me coloring it.  I don't like matching my paper after the fact because my colors could be off.  If my mojo has left me, off to Pinterest, YouTube and my favorite blogs I go for inspiration.

Now it's time to select some new bloggers to introduce you to.  First I want to pick my dear friend Jenn Cochran.  This chick has some amazing talent and is a life saver for all things craft related.  LOL  Her blog is called Jax Bean Stalks.  Run don't walk over the her amazing blog.


Hi it's Jenn.  I'm the owner and operator of Party Times Tuesdays Challenge blog and the author of Jax Bean Stalks blog.  Jax Bean Stalks specializes in custom greeting cards, announcements, and Invitations. My finished product is made with high quality card stock, designer papers and inks.


Next I would like to introduce you to Gracielle.  I have the pleasure of being on a new design team with Graciellie and I feel like we are going to be crafting friends forever.  Her work is amazing and her sense of humor is hilarious!!  Check out her brilliant flare over at Graciellie Design.


Hello! I'm Graciela but I am mostly known as Graciellie on the online papercrafting community. I am an avid crafter and blogger and a bit of a graphic designer! I discovered papercrafting through cardmaking around 2010 and little by little it became my passion. My blog has allowed me to connect with other artists and it has given me so many opportunities that I'm thankful for.


And to wrap things up I want to introduce you to Larissa Collins Pittman.  She is an avid card making and a wiz when it comes to Copic markers.  She's currently the design team coordinator for Ann Butler Designs and one heck of a crafter.  If you've never been over to her blog Muffins and Lace you have got to check it out. 




Hi my name is Larissa Pittman and I live in a small town in the Texas Hill Country.  I have been creating most of my life. I love working with every kind of medium.  I have been making cards for about 10 years and recently started playing with mixed media. I tend to work more with bright colors and lots of bling.  

Wow...great intros right?  They will the sharing their questions and answers next MONDAY so make sure to swing by their blogs to get to know them better.


Hugs and love~








Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...