January 28, 2017

Quote Me If You Wish

Hey peeps.  How's your Saturday going?  I'm working on some artwork to share with you today.  Well I should say a framed quote.  Sometimes we just need some positive affirmations to keep us focused right?  Let me show you how to make your own framed artwork with just a few supplies. The main products I used were a picture frame with a 5"x7" mat, a 12x12 paper pad and a Xyron 250 Sticker machine. You can add additional embellishments as you like.



I traced the mat onto a piece of 12x12 paper.  This will take that plain looking mat and make it look amazing. Next I used a t-ruler and an x-atco knife and trimmed out my paper. 

Once my frame was cut out, I cut each corner on the diagonal to separate my frame.  Each corner was sponged with a small amount of ink.  This just gives each corner a little bit of color and makes it look a little bit rustic and pretty. 



Next I ran each piece through my sticker maker and covered up my boring mat. Using the sticker maker keeps my hands nice and clean without having glue everywhere.

The backer board for the frame was colored with a piece of 12x12 paper as well.  I placed the mat down over the board and lined a sweet quote in the middle.  How pretty does this look?  Now to put everything back into the frame.


Here comes the embellishment part.  As you know I must have some sparkle on everything I create so I added some gold washi tape to my frame.  To make sure I created sharp corners, I used my x-acto knife to trim the tape to a neat corner.  To finish the frame off I used some sweet gold heart embellishments to the corners.



Viola....the finished piece is hanging on my wall now.  So what do you think?  What I love about this framed piece is I can change out the quote whenever I want because it's not permanently taped down.  The paper pad I used has several quotes so I can change things up whenever I like.  I LOVE how this turned out.  


Okay, now it's your turn.  I want to see your artwork.  When you create something, make sure to tag me so I can see it and share your inspiration.  Have a fabulous weekend everyone.  I'll see you back here soon!



 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...