March 10, 2017

Hugs Can Change The World - My Favorite Things

Hey peeps.  Happy Friday.  Well my title says it all.  Have you ever just felt complete just because someone decided to give you a hug?  Has it melted away all the hurt, anxiety or pain of your day?  It's a simple task that anyone can do and it's free!  May card today speaks of just that kind gesture.


I'll just put it out there, I'm a hugger.  I mean a BIG hugger.  I don't want to shake your hand and be all polite, I want to hug you with my heart.  LOL  Now I do know my boundaries with this and I hug with caution.  However, once I get to know you, watch out because you're gonna get hugged. 


I'm using the Lots of Hugs stamp set today from My Favorite Things. I used the new Rangers Wilted Lavender Distress Oxide Ink pad to create the background.  I'll have a video up next week sharing these amazing inks and a few ways I used them on a few card panels.  I sponged on the color towards the top of my card panel and lightly let it fade out towards the middle.  I ran this panel through my Sizzix machine with a stitched rectangle die from My Favorite Things. I sprtized on a little bit of water to get the ink to activate.  Oh and did it ever. 😍

Next I stamped out the sentiments in Versafine onyx black ink.  I wanted to achieve an ombre look on my card so I used three purple color Copic markers to get this effect.  I outlined the large hugs sentiment with a cool grey Copic marker.  For the finishing touches I placed on a "few" sequins. 



Okay peeps that's a wrap for my card today.  I'm so happy you took the time to swing by today.  Now don't forget TOMORROW I will be on the Simon Says Stamp blog sharing a card.  You can read my Sneak Peek - Simon Says Stamp guest post and see a sneak peek of the card.  So please head on over to Simon Says Stamp blog tomorrow SATURDAY, March 11 to see the entire card and some extra happiness.  I'll see you back here soon.  Have a happy and safe weekend. 


 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...