March 21, 2017

Using Large Background Stamps With Distress Oxide Inks - Tutorial

Hey peeps. I have a quick tutorial for you.  I pull out one of my large background stamps from My Favorite Things and made a funky background panel for a card.  It was really simple to make with some distress oxide and regular distress inks. Isn't this card so striking?  Just a large stamp, a few colors of ink and a sentiment die cut.  Just adding a few DIY enamel dots and my card was done.  This came together rather quickly.


To create this background I first stamped the image with three ink colors.  I spritzed it will some shimmer mist and heat set it.  Next sponged on some regular distress inks onto the panel in coordinating colors to blending everything together.  Spritzing on just a touch of shimmer at the end.

Next I die cut out the sentiment in the middle of the panel. To make the sentiment pop I also die out the sentiment out of yellow fun foam and attached the sentiment on top.  Placing it all back into the panel allows the sentiment to really stand out.  I love this technique.  I've done it several times on cards and I love the result each time.  You can find the other videos on my Youtube channel as well.
Here's is a quick tutorial on how this card came together.  I've linked to one of the videos to show you how I did this technique before on a card.


Have a great day everyone.  I'll see you back here soon.

 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...