July 4, 2017

Red, White and Blue - 2017 World Watercolor Month

Hey peeps.  Happy Fourth Of July!!!  I'll be out with my favorite peeps today enjoying the day and friendship. However before I leave the house I wanted to share with you my watercolor project for Day 4 of the 2017 World Watercolor Month.  If you don't know what this is all about, click HERE and join in on the fun.  No experience necessary as I'm TOTALLY a beginner at this.  :-)

Since today is Independence Day what better way than to make a symbol of the American Flag. All of my sketches for the month will be done in a mix media sketch book.  You can see all my post on my Instagram page mzdanajoy.


 I sketched this flag out from an image I google searched.  It was completed watercolored with Daniel Smith watercolor paints. 


For the stars I first stamped it with Hero Arts ink and them filled it in with a white marker.  And to finish off this image, I used a white sharpie marker to make the stitch lines.  I wasn't too sure of myself to hand sketch the stars or the stripes. 


Don't forget you have ONE MORE DAY left to leave your comments on the blog hop.  Commenting closes July 5th 11:59 PM EST.  Have a great day everyone.  See ya back here soon!


 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...