December 15, 2017

When Your Die Cuts Do All The Work

Hey peeps.  Happy Friday!!  Is there REALLY only 10 days left until Christmas?  Geez I'm not done shopping yet.  However, I am nearing the end of my cardmaking which for me means SUCCESS!!!

I'm finishing up my family cards and letting my die cuts do all the work for me. Not only does it help me not have to overthink the layout of my card, it makes them come together and look fabulous!!  Also keeping the paper and sentiments simple really helps. I'm using two Christmas die cuts from Elizabeth Craft Designs today.  For my first card I used the Stocking Solid die cut with some Knit Picky paper from Lawn Fawn. I used a few small stitched rectangle dies to add some matching color and interest to my card.  Instead of just using white as a background color I decided to use fog card stock and ran it through my die cut machine with a small swiss dot embossing folder to give it some texture.  Adding just a few matte enamel dots to this cute card and voila it was complete.





For my ribbon tree I loved using a mix of sparkly, shiny and matte rose gold paper from DCWV.  It really made my card look elegant.  I used tiny strips of foam tape to pop up my little tree in the middle.  I can't tell you how much I LOVE these dies to build trees!!  I kept the card really simple by just adding a stitched hillside of snow and a simple sentiment.  I added just a bit of blue Copic markers to the background so the sky wasn't "white" and some snow with my white uniball gel pen.








Well that's a wrap for the cards today.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend everyone.  I'll see you back here next week!!

 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...