September 14, 2011

YNS Too Cute To Spook Blog Hop and Challenge #51 Paper Piecing

Good morning peeps.  Are you guys ready for a hop?  I hope you arrived here from Kerri's blog.  If not start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing.  Today YNS is releasing the September images and OMG...they are too cute.  Plus today is also challenge day so get your paper piecing tools together.  To start, this darling image is called Ellie Loves Sunflowers.  I think she is precious.  I love her!!  I paper pieced her skirt and colored her with Copic makers.  She's available in the store starting today.   But wait that's not it.  I thought I would try out the "color with no lines" technique and made this card with Ellie.  Oh I have to say I might be on to something.  This technique is a bit challenging but I LOVE the results.  It gives the image such a soft look. 
But wait there's more.  I just couldn't stop with showing you one stamp so I made a gift card holder with the new Celebrate the Journey image.  He's soooo cute!  I put my son's debit card in the slot as I added some cash to it for an upcoming field trip.  Once again this stamp is available starting today.

Now for the fun part.  The hop will run from TODAY until MIDNIGHT EST Saturday September 17th.  Karen is throwing in an AWESOME store promotion for you.  She's offering special stamp bundles plus a free stamp (her choice) for every $30 spent. So if you spend $30, you'll get 1 free stamp, spend $60 get two free stamps, etc.  What a deal!!!  Thanks Karen so being so generous.

Don't forget that this is a challenge as well.  So make sure you participate and link your card to the YNS blog. Check out the hop prize.  Karen you have out did yourself this time. You can enter for any of our blogs.  Now I'm sending you over to Jenny's blog.   



21 comments:

  1. Adorable Dana!! I love them all and your no lines card is amazing! Well done lady!!
    xx
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGG Dana these are just TOOOOO SWEET, AWESOME cards girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the 'no lines' technique....got to try that someday:) Looks like a watercolour painting! Your son will love the gc holder- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Dana! Love that colouring with no lines - WOW! I've never tried that! Fabby idea for the duck too - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious image of her holding that huge sunflower, Dana! Love everything you've done on this posting. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Love the sunflower girl and that extremely adorable goose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all three of these cards are fun.. love how you used Ellie Loves Sunflowers twice and showed two different ways of paper piecing her.. and your ducky gift card holder is fun.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that sweet card with no lines! So beautiful, Dana! The gift card holder could not be any cuter! Awesome projects, woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I love them all, especially sunflower Fhiona! WONDERFUL!
    Hugs,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your super fun cards! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful cards! My favorite is the first one - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! This is sooooo darling! I love the sunflower! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute cards! love the new images!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute cards. I like the colour with no lines & just might have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Dana these are fabulous and that 'no lines' card is SUPER FABULOUS. That looks so cool how you did that. Searching it online now hehe - I wasn't aware of this technique and now I must know more lol. You went all out with 3 cards - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All 3 are adorable! What fun images and that gift card holder is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three great cards -- I have to say that the third one (card holder) is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the no lines technique and your gc holder is fab!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...