June 2, 2014

Perler Bead Tutorial - CAUTION PHOTO HEAVY

Hey peeps.  I have been promising for some time now to show you how to make DIY enamel dots so here it is.  Caution - this is a photo heavy post so grab a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage and relax. :-)

Here is the package of Perler Beads that I used. I purchased them from Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon.  There are several packages to chose from but I wanted to start off with the primary color package just to see how they worked.  Now there are over 11,000 beads in this package.  Cha ching!  Savings galore!






Go ahead and preheat your oven to 300 degrees.  My oven usually take a few minutes to warm up so this gives me time to get my colors separated and one to my baking sheet.






Speaking of baking sheet, make sure to over it with parchment paper.  This is a must unless you want to ruin your baking sheet.  So I started out lining up a few rows of the beads to keep the colors in groups.






Set your timer for 30 minutes.  This is an estimated time since it will depend on your oven.  Some of the colors take a little longer than others so you will have to keep an eye on the beads.  But for the most part, all of them need at least 30 minutes.








Here they are fresh from the oven. I have mixed them around to see if any had stuck to the paper.  Nope, we are good.   That was super easy right?








There are a few ways you can store your beads.  At first I started out with keeping them in a plastic box I had kept from a recent purchase.  I think It had prima flowers or something in it.










I finally decided to keep the colors separate so I didn't have to dig for the colors I needed.  I found this stackable container at Hobby Lobby and it works perfectly.  I can keep the colors separate but the color families can stay together.

I hope you gained some information that can get you started making your own enamel dots.  Oh before I forget, I use glossy accents to attach the dots to my projects.  I know there are plenty of ways to glue these dots down but glossy accents just seems to be my go to.








Thanks for taking the time to hang out with me today.  I have another tutorial up my sleeve on how to make your own glue dots.  Cha Ching baby!

Hugs and love~



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...