March 15, 2015

Ann Butler Designs Jewelry Tray

Hey peeps.  I'm sad to say this is my last post as a member of the Ann Butler Designs design team.  I am truly honored to have been a member of this exciting team.  All the ladies on the team are amazingly talented and I wish them the very best.  So let's take a look at my project.


I decided to go out with a little bit of a bam for my last project.  As you know Ann has partnered with Environmental Technology Inc. (ETI) and all of us on the dt had a chance to work with their amazing products.  So for my last project I combined some of the Ann Butler Designs ink and ETI EasyCast Epoxy to make a jewelry tray.  Let me walk you through the process. I mixed the resin following the directions on the box. 




Next I used one of my wooden stick and scraped some of the ink from my Ann Butler Designs canyon ink pad.  What's so great about this technique, you can use any of Ann Butler Design colors to coordinate with your decor. Once I had the color I needed I used this stick to mix my epoxy one more time.


Once I had it all mixed together I poured my newly colored epoxy into one of the MC poly molds.  To remove some of the air bubbles, I used my heat gun and gently blew the bubbles so I would end up with a smooth finish.

After letting the epoxy slightly harden I place my second mold on top to make a cavity for my tray.  I made sure to spray my second tray with ETI Mold Release/Conditioner.  This way when everything was dry, my molds would seperate easily.




Now for the reveal.  I had two pretty pieces I made from another project and they worked perfectly as little boarders on the side of the tray.  I LOVE how my little jewelry tray turned out.  It holds my daily jewelry perfectly.



That's it for today everyone.  Please continue to follow the lovely ladies of the Ann Butler Designs team.  I know they have some amazing projects up their sleeves.  Have a great day and see ya back here soon.

Go forth and be crafty~
 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...