May 3, 2010

Come get your Wild Violets

Welcome back friends.  I'm showcasing another wonderful image from Repeat Impressions called Wild Violets (1706).  Okay, I know some of you must be thinking that my violets should be purple but I'm an outside the box kind of chick. LOL  I see violets in all colors.  First, let me say I tried something new with my background.  I had purchased these Ultra Color Wash Jewels about two years ago and never used them. Duh, don't know why now.  Anyway, I sprayed the Fire Opal, and Garnet wash on glossy cardstock and blotted with a tissue to get this background.  I was able to achieve the blend of the two colors with just a few squirts.  Love this technique and it's super quick.  I colored in my "violets" with Copic markers RV25, YR65, and YG03.   I went back over my wild violets with lime green and fruit punch Stickles.  The images were cut out using my Nestabilities.  I had striped ribbon in my ribbon drawer and it matched the colors perfectly. 

Okay, here we go blog readers....get your Wild Violets for 50% OFF THIS WEEK ONLY!!  That's right everyone 50% OFF.  Don't you just love this offer?  Make sure to stop by RI blog were you will find link to the page featuring the SOTW and to collect the SOTW discount code. Here are the cards from the other DT members:




Hugs~


9 comments:

  1. Oh love this....love the bright cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! So nicely colored and such a cool background! I like the piercing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely breathtaking; SO, SO, SO love the colors. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, this is such a fun & pretty color combo!! I love your coloring and layout! April showers definitely brought May flowers to your card :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your out of the box colors!! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your thinking outside the box! -- You make life interesting and not boring! Such pretty colors and great placement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun background technique for this happy, cheery card! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the BRIGHT colors, Dana!
    You did an awesome job with this card! So pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so pretty, Joy! Your colors are so bright and cheery and reminds me of a beautiful spring day!
    Hugs, Darsie
    RI Design Team

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...