December 9, 2011

CMC Creme and Gold Challenge

Happy Friday everyone.  So glad another week is done.  I'm getting in the holiday spirit I think. :-)  So much going on that I haven't even gotten my tree up yet.  That is never a good thing in the Joy house. But I have been in my stamproom making my holiday cards so that is one accomplishment down.

Today I'm showing you a card I made for the new CMC challenge.  Suzanne challenged us to use creme, gold and white on our cards.  This was really a struggle for me but here's what I came up with.  I love this magnolia image for holiday cards.  To make the gold color I followed Suzanne's color cue and used YR23, Y11, Y15, E00 and E35 Copic markers.  I used E41 for the "white" color on her top. Suzanne teaches some great classes on coloring with Copics.  I'm now in the process of taking Class 5 and it's amazing.  I had this really glittery gold paper so that came in handy. A few punches of snowflakes, one of my Nestabilities dies and some gold ribbon and viola my card was done.  I hope you play along with us for the challenge.  The challenge is going to run through the holidays so you have until Jan 5th to get your project done.  I also want you to know that Suzanne is doing this challenge to support the Reading is Fundamental Foundation this year.  Please click here to find out all the information.  Well, gotta run peeps.  Have a fabulous weekend and see ya back here soon.

Hugs and happy stamping~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dana. Love all the glitter and your beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow dana, this is so magical cute card.
    love the sparkle gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, Dana! You really rocked those colors. Love all that gold -- so great for a holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana- this is so sweet.
    Thanks for joining us on ABC Toys and Crafts this year: hope you will join our blog candy give away of $150.

    http://abctoysandcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Dana, and I love, love, LOVE that gold paper. Perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...