May 22, 2017

Alcohol Ink Bakgrounds - Darcie's Sea Buddies

Hey peeps.  Happy Monday.  I love making great backgrounds for cards.  I usually make a few and set them aside to use on cards later.  Using alcohol inks on yupo paper or photo paper you can achieve some very cool backgrounds. 


For this background believe it or not I used my Copic refills.  Yes, they are alcohol based inks so why not right?  I used several colors of green and spritzed on some 90% alcohol to get this cool effect.



After the background was dried I paired it with this adorable flamingo from the Sea Buddies stamp set from Darcie's Heart and Home.  Of course living in Florida I have to have a flamingo stamp right?

This adorable image was colored up with Copic markers.  Keeping the card simple, I stamped a sentiment with jet black archival ink and matted the panel on black card stock.  I love working with alcohol inks.  You never really know what you will achieve when making a background but it's always something beautiful and different. 

That's it for today everyone.  I'll see you back here soon!!


 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...