March 14, 2014

Floral Stamping

Hey peeps.  Happy Friday.  I'm playing catch up with my homework.  Yesterday was a busy day with appointments so I didn't have time to get my work done.

Anyway, here are two more techniques that we learned in class this week.  The first one is masked background.  There's a lot of work that goes into a card like this but I love the way it turned out.  You end up looking like you used designer paper but it is all stamped with little floral images such as leaves and flowers.  To add color around the flowers, you must spritz it will color.  I didn't have a large enough banner so I cut both of them out from my Silhouette.  Lesson learned, invest in some masking paper.  I used Mask-It and ended up tearing on me.






Now, this card I love!  This technique is called stamped layering.  You first stamp out a very like background and then go in with other stamps in brighter colors overlapping them a little bit.  I didn't have circles like they used in class so I pulled out my Verve Dream Big stamp set.  The ink is from my distressed inks collection. 




Now it's time to look at today's work and hopefully get back in my room to get that completed.  Whew, I need to take a break!  My head is spinning!  LOL

Have a great weekend everyone.  Be safe.  And for you St. Patrick's Day party people, have a drink with me.  My birthday is St. Patrick's Day so this is the weekend to go all out!  ;-)

Hugs and love~



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...