March 20, 2014

Two Types of Embossing - What a difference it makes

 Hey peeps.  I'm back with two more cards from class.  I have some catching up to do so I thought I would post both of my embossed cards at one time.

For the first one, we had to dry emboss our cards.  I love this technique.  To achieve this look you must use an embossing folder and a solid die cut.  Once you have embossed your card, you can add color by placing it in the "hollow" areas of your cad.  Great effect with very little effort.






For my next card, we used embossing paste.  Well in my case I didn't have embossing paste so I used good ole' fashion light weight spackling from Lowes.  It worked just the same as the embossing powder and I think the texture is better.  I would definitely be using this technique again and again.  Makes a textured background really pop.

Well thanks for stopping by today.  Not feeling so well so off to bed I go.  Hopefully whatever has a hold of me will let go soon. 

Hugs and love~



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...