November 18, 2017

Holly Inlay Background Card With Technique Tuesday

Hey hey everyone.  Glad to be back with you today.  I'm so happy to say I'm a featured artist for Technique Tuesday today.  I have a chance to work with some of their Greenhouse Society collection of stamps and dies.  What's so awesome about the Greenhouse Society is on the first of each month Technique Tuesdays releases a new set of flower stamps and matching craft dies. Each stamp set includes a classic flower or nature-themed image along with thoughtful card sentiment stamps. The set of craft dies provide mat die cut pieces for the flower or nature-themed stamped images. Using these flower stamps and matching dies, you can create a garden of beautiful, handmade cards!

What's even better...if you can become a auto-ship member  you can enjoy 25% off the Greenhouse Society stamp sets, a substantial discount on the matching craft dies, 15% off selected products, and free shipping on add-on orders.  Whoa that's a HUGE deal.  To learn more about the benefits of joining see the membership agreement!

Now let me share the card I made.  I used the Holly stamp set  and the holly crafting dies. To begin the card I used kraft card stock and I first stamped out the first holly and sentiment in versamark ink with my misti tool and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I colored my image with colored pencils and gamsol.  Once the coloring was completed I placed my card panel back into my misti and stamped the image again to get my detailed lines back.  I sprinkled on more gold embossing powder and heat set everything with my heat gun.

Next I ran my panel through my die cut machine with a rectangle stitched die and the outline die for my holly.  This would cut out my holly so I can pop it up on my card panel later.


To fill in some on the plain background I repeatedly stamped the holly image in versmark ink and heat set it with clear embossing powder.  I mounted this panel on a dark green card base and trimmed it down to a 1/16" border.  I die cut out another holly piece in brown fun foam and adhered my colored holly piece on top with On Point glue.  I peeled off the backing on my 3D holly and placed it into my card panel 





To finished off the card I adhered the card panel to a white card base and added a few red "berries" with nuvo crystal drops along with a few gold sequins. I lightly used the tip of a white chalk marker to placed some random white dots on my card panel to add a little bit of faux snow splatter.
 

Would you like to win a Greenhouse Society stamp set?  Leave me a comment below letting me know which one is your favorite. The giveaway will be open until November 26th 11:59 PM EST.  A winner will be announced on November 29th. Have a great day everyone.  See ya soon!


 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...