December 21, 2017

Breaking out Holiday Spirits on My Card

Hey peeps. I'm back today to share with you my Christmas card I made for my hubby.  This year we breaking out the adult beverages and I'm singing Christmas songs to the top of my lungs while we are wrapping up that last of the Christmas presents. So I thought it was fitting to make my hubby a beverage Christmas card.  I LOVE this stamp set from Avery Elle called exactly Holiday Spirits. How fitting right!?!?

I customized the labels on two of the bottles to match our beverages of choice for this year.  I'm a HUGE champagne and eggnog holiday girl and my hubby loves a great cognac. I grabbed a few Copic markers and colored up my bottles.  For the champagne bottle I used a gold Spectrum Noir glitter pen to add the sparkly foil look at the top of the bottle.  Really wish I could of caught the simmer better on camera. I die cut out the images and will popped them up on the card.


To keep the card really simple I just sponged on a really cool background using some distress oxide inks and splattered on some white ink to make it look like snow.  I heat embossed the sentiment and for some added interest I ran the card panel through my big shot with the MFT wonky rectangle die.





I'm going to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  This week's challenge is party time so this card is going to work perfectly.  It's going to be a part in the Joy household once we get to drinking and laughing.  LOL  Have an awesome day everyone.  See ya back here soon!



 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...