September 1, 2012

CMC Challenge

Hey peeps.  How's it going today?  It's time for another CMC challenge.  The scope for this challenge is to use yellow, brown, kraft and white.  The imaged I used from Pattie's Creations is called Bloomin' Bucket.  I colored the flowers with Copics then decided to add some liquid pearls to them.  Just a little bit to add some depth.  I then tried (key word tired meaning "I can't color like Suzanne Dean") to make the bucket look a little rusted.  Didn't work out the way I wanted it to but I'm still learning.  If you haven't picked up Suzanne's Copic Class 5 you really have to put it on your list.  She gives great details and information to enhance your Copic skills.  I think my bucket came out good but not GREAT like Suzanne's.  Practice makes perfect. :-) 

I also saw on Pinterest an interesting way to use Copic markers with your embossing folders. After your run your paper through your embossing machine, take your Copic markers and shade in the areas that are not raised.  Really cool technique.  This is another practice makes perfect technique.  So many ways to use this ever addicting markers. :-)  I added some Washi tape to add in a little bit more brown to my card.

Well, let's see what you can do with your Copics and other alcohol markers.  You have until FRIDAY Sept 14th to get your project done and linked up at CMC.  Can't wait to see your creations.

Hugs and love~


1 comment:

  1. Great image Dana. I think your bucket looks great. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...