April 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Friday everyone.  Boy, this week went so fast.  I'm back to work full time next week so I probably will be posting later in the day/evening.  Any who, I'm trying to get some of my Mother's Day cards done in advance.  I'm always the "late" daughter when it comes to sending out cards.  Don't know why when I have stacks of them in my stamp room. 

I wanted to show you a new and super cool medium I picked up recently.  It's called Embossed Icing.  Now some of you might have already heard about this but for the ones like me, I was so excited when I saw the demo.  To apply the "icing" you use a brass stencil and smooth it on just like cake icing making sure you get into the grooves.  Oh, don't forget to protect the area you don't want to have icing.  Pull off your stencil and voila - you have a beautiful creation.  For this card I used the LA09 and KR11 stencils and the Summer icing set from www.thestencilcollection.com.  Super cool right? I think I'm in love with this stuff. I used my SU Raspberry Tart, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White paper.  I used my extra fine poster paint Sharpie marker for my dashes and I shaded my image with Kiwi Kiss. 

Here's another card I made for my husband who pinned on Chief last week.  For the viewers that are not military, Chief is the highest ranking grade you can go to as an enlisted member in the USAF.  Go babes!! :-)  LOL  You can also find this stencil at www.thestencilcollection.com

Well, once again thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to come back and see me soon.  Also, I appreicate all your feeback and I would like to thank everyone who stops by to view my blog.  Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Hugs~




1 comment:

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...