August 4, 2012

Showing off your background

Hey peeps.  It's time for another challenge over at CMC.  If you don't make a lot of cards with background images you will love this one. This fabulous pine cone image is from Squigglefly.  I usually would of made this image small enough to be on a panel on a card with background paper behind it.  But how cool does it look as a background?  Got cha thinking now do I?  I colored my image with Copic Markers and ShinHan Art Touch makers.  I have the wood tones set of ShinHan makers and they worked fabulous on these pine cones.  Here are the colors of Copics and Touch makers:

93, 92, 102, 98 - Touch Markers
BG93, BG95 - Copics

I used my clear Spica pen to add a little sparkle but I don't think you can really see it in this picture.  Suzanne works wonders with both sets of markers.  Yes, Suzanne I'm a CMC junkie!!  If you have not taken any of Suzanne's classes you are sooo missing out on getting your skills up using your makers.

Speaking of classes Suzanne has a new on-line class debuting on August 31 that focuses 110% on all hair types, styles and colors.and your can pre-register right now for $45.  Also if you are in the Boston or NYC area Suzanne will be teaching her CT class in Stafford Springs the weekend of August 22nd.  She will be teaching the All About Hair class in person as well.  So head on over to CMCRoad for all the details.



Gotta run and I sure do hope you join in on the fun.  You have until  August 17th to make your project and load it up on the CMC site.

Hugs and love~


2 comments:

  1. This really is incredible, Dana! What a great idea. Hmmmm, thinking of possibilities already. :D Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! The way you have colored the pine cones makes them look so real. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...