October 31, 2018

Technique Tuesday Sneak Peek Day 2

Hey peeps.  It's Technique Tuesday sneak peek day 2.  If you missed yesterday's sneak peek day 1 you can click and see what I made.  We are just one day away from release day.  Today I'm sharing the beautiful Poinsettia stamp set. OH MY WORD I can't begin to tell you how much I loved creating this card.   This image is the perfect size to make beautiful watercolor card panels.

I started this card off by stamping the image randomly onto a piece of watercolor paper.  Next I carefully colored each image in bright pink watercolor.  I used an image I found on the internet to get the perfect color combo for this card.  I used two different watercolors on my card using the Dr. Ph Martin hydrus ink as well as my Daniel Smith watercolors.  After each flower was colored I created an ultra dark background to really make them pop.







I decided to add some white splatters using white gouache and a paint brush.  I just tapped on the end of my paint brush to make the splatters.  Just make sure if you do this is gouache is watered down well.  Then I set it aside to try.  Next I created a sentiment strip using vellum as I didn't want to stamp the sentiment directly on the card panel and wrapped it around my watercolored piece.  I adhered this to a white card base and all that was left was to add a few embellishments.




I have to say I am really loving this card.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Make sure to swing by the other design team members blogs to see what they have in store.  See you back here tomorrow for release day.  


 photo sig_zpse3eae6d2.png

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you for stopping by. Please come back and see me soon!

Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...